Create A Breakthrough Strategy
To Refresh and Renew Growth Drivers
Most organizations and teams have a tendency to settle into an orbit that works, that is reasonably successful, that is fairly predictable and one that minimizes uncertainties. The more settled an orbit, the greater the desire to cling to it – the greater is the accumulation of gravity – gravity that will prevent a move into the next orbit.
Traditional methods of stimulating innovation into the strategy process like introducing new ways of Ideation, or a better market research or even building diversity usually fail to overcome these deep rooted Mental Model Boundaries.
This leads to more and more strategic initiatives hitting the wall of diminishing returns.
No wonder most annual strategy workouts end being an extension of the past, at best a stretch on the previous year.
- When the need is to fuel non linear, quantum growth…
- When a ‘step jump’ in growth has to be made, despite the dynamic competitive market scenario around…
- When growth / strategy is saturated and growth opportunities are not easily visible…
what is needed is a refreshingly new ‘Breakthrough Strategy with Differentiated Growth Drivers’.
How is Our Breakthrough Strategy Different from a Usual Business Strategy?
The Value Proposition
From ‘incremental tweaks to previous year’s strategy’ to ‘a revitalized and refreshingly new strategy’ that has:
- A powerful promise of strike rate of success (not just hope)
- A deliberate design for taking the organization to the ‘next level’ (not just meet stated aspiration and goals)
- Differentiation: Areas and actions that help move from more commoditization to Unique Value Creation
- A healthy mix (atleast 70:30) of business drivers / keystones that are:
- Same drivers, but with revitalized initiatives because executing the same way as the past will lead to dilution
- New drivers – different from the past, with new initiatives, because more of the same will just not be enough to succeed with the overall strategy
- A Pursuit Roadmap that has:
- A clear set of initiatives for EACH business driver/ keystone
- Potential diluters and initiatives for navigating each diluter such that execution is brilliantly done without any compromise
- Higher People Ownership of the Strategy (not just a ‘social club’)
As a part of the ANNUAL strategy-making process:
- At start of the design of the strategy
- At time of detailing of strategy
The Impact of Our Work
International Flavors & Fragrances
This Breakthrough , when executed, led to more than doubling the client strike rate and fueled an exponential growth in the next 6 years that went beyond their 10X aspiration.
What Our Clients Say
Anand G. Mahindra – Chairman @ Mahindra Group, India
Orbit Shifting will enable organizations to break the bonds of gravity and the mental shackles that keep them from reaching the next orbit. Compulsory for businesses that aspire to be innovative
Michiel T. Leijnse – Global Brand Director Personal Care, Water & Disruptive Innovation @ Unilever, UK
Orbit-shifting innovation is a fantastic journey. It took us beyond the boundaries of the industry and turned into a goldmine of refreshing insights and pathbreaking ideas.
Neal Matheson – CTO for the Consumer Products @ Johnson & Johnson, USA
Orbit-shifting innovation is a pioneering approach that can take diverse groups and introduce new thought paradigms to drive innovation. i have never worked with any other approach that could do this better. it builds the courage to target high value/ high risk projects that can disrupt existing markets. I have no hesitation in recommending it for the toughest innovation projects.
Carsten Hallund Slot – Vice President Corporate Research & Innovation @ Arla Foods, Denmark
Orbit-shifting innovation constantly impresses one, as I have never come across an approach that balances ideas and paradigms with such an ease, to successfully confront gravity and discover the orbit-shifting idea. Erehwon is leading the way.