Rajiv NarangFounder, Chairman & Managing Director
Rajiv founded Erehwon in 1989 and he has over the last 20 years lead it to becoming the world’s & India’s leading Innovation Consulting firm.
Rajiv’s passion for Innovation & Imagination is boundariless. He brings unique & indepth insights into the Strategic, Organisational & Leadership dimensions of Innovation. And what’s more, as a compelling, powerful speaker he has inspired people across cultures & across the world into realizing ‘What does it take to bring alive Orbit-shifting Innovation’?
Rajiv’s perspective & insights in Innovation cut across Business, Social & Public services. His capacity to bring together insights from these worlds into a seamless & holistic Innovation models is unparalleled.
He has over the last twenty years lead a diverse and rich portfolio of strategic innovation & leadership initiatives with organisations like Bank of America, Max New York Life, Novartis, Unilever, IFF, Infosys, Wipro, ESPN. He partnered in architecting Marico’s ‘Innovation for India’ foundation and the ‘Innovation for India’ awards. He pioneered ‘The Challenger’ – Insight project that finally culminated in Erehwon’s first book ‘Making Breakthrough Innovation happen’ – How 11 Indians did the Impossible?
Recognised as India’s Innovation Thought Leader, Rajiv engaged:
- as a part of National Planning Commission panel to recommend ‘India’s Innovation Strategy’.
- as a Council member of the ‘Innovation for India’ Foundation &
- as a Co-chairperson of the FICCI Innovation Committee.
"Erehwon (or Rajiv) has a great talent to show to you what you think Innovation is and what it could really be. One of Erehwon’s great strengths is to see Innovation as a 'full package' i.e. to work out proposals which are truly out of the box and translate these into concrete implementation with its methodology E can put a mirror in front of you so that you (painfully) see where you are in comparison with where you could be in terms of business relevant innovations”. – Robert Sieber, Novartis, Switzerland
“Rajiv presented innovation in a truly inspirational way and he has definitely instilled the ideas in my mind. The energy, enthusiasm, clarity of examples was very good and to the point. I thought that the way in which innovation was presented, as ideas rather than specific activities, helped to set a mindset that can be applied to situations, and makes it clearer to define what ‘innovation’ is. I appreciate the fact that he gave many examples from different industries, was humorous and had 5 well-spelled out points. The content is riveting and highly relevant to our culture”. – David Wood, Symbian, UK
“It was more substantial and gave a good and to the point overview of the causes and types of gravitational forces that exist in many companies (based on extensive research you have done over the past few years) and that substantially affects innovation effectiveness. The uniqueness of your approach is that you make clear from the beginning that overcoming these gravitational forces is a question of changing the mindset in people's heads. The many examples you have given as well as the collaborations you have setup with various companies worldwide prove that your approach works.” - Guido H. PETIT, Alcatel-Lucent, Belgium
- Trans-world Collaboration - Radical Challenges & Radical Paradigms, 2000
- Making Quantum Growth Possible, 2002
- India starts to innovate, 2006
- Building Innovative Organisations, 2000
- Generative Leadership - A concept note, 2003
- The Future of Innovation - Quantum Innovation - The Pioneering & Entrepreneurial Approach, 2005
- Leading Innovation Missions - The Erehwon Approach: The Four Keystones, 2005
Speaker / Chaired Sessions
- 'The Strategic Innovators' Forum at Barcelona
- Delivering Effective Innovation at London
- Unlocking Innovation - Convergence 2005 & 2006
- The CII Innovation Summit,
- HRD Asia Congress in Singapore,
- The Economist Annual CEO’s Conclave,
- AIMA annual convention,
- FMCGs Conclave, and
- CII’s India Governing Council
In the process of writing a book on 'Orbit-Shifting Innovation'.